Samuel Clemens Days Hannibal MO
National Tom Sawyer Days was originated by the Hannibal Jaycees in 1956. Over the years, other organizations have joined with the Jaycees to make it one of the major family-oriented Fourth of July celebrations in the country. Highlights of the celebration include:
- Fence painting
- Frog jumping
- Tricycle races
- Pet show
- A carnival
- Tomboy Sawyer contest (for girls only)
- “Hannibal Cannibal” 10K run and 5K walk
- Mud volleyball tournament
- Selection of the official “Tom and Becky” for a one-year reign
- Gigantic fireworks display
- Tanyard Gardens—offering variety of food, drink, and entertainment
The Kiwanis Club of Hannibal began sponsoring the Samuel L. Clemens Arts & Crafts Festival in 1977. It is an outdoor show, held in a block-square park in downtown Hannibal near all of the other activities.
We have 123 craft and merchandise vendor booths along with a food service area featuring a variety of tasty foods.